StewMac tools

Thanks to EVERYONE!! (I'm just a bit giddy...)

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

Re: Thanks to EVERYONE!! (I'm just a bit giddy...)

Postby Barry Daniels » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:10 pm

That happens sometimes when the planets are in alignment. I had an archtop refinish many moons ago before I was tooled up to spray finishes. I was brushing varnish. I thinned the last coat a bit and it came out perfect right off the brush. Not one brush mark. I turned it over to the client without sanding and polishing and he was very happy with it.
MIMF Staff
Barry Daniels

Postby Jason Rodgers » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:11 am

Diggin' that sea foam!
-Ruining perfectly good wood, one day at a time.
Jason Rodgers

Postby Steve Sawyer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:13 am

Jason Rodgers wrote:Diggin' that sea foam!

Yeah, isn't that a great color?

Marcy & I saw Leonard Cohen on both of his last two tours. He always had top-notch musicians and singers backing him up. One of the guitarists had a LIME GREEN Telecaster with an ebony fingerboard and ivory pick guard and knobs. The color was like a lime sherbet or Popsicle, or a mint candy. It was drop-dead stunning!

I gave some thought to trying to duplicate that, but came to my senses and went with the color that I've coveted for many years.
==Steve==
Steve Sawyer

Previous

Return to Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars