MIMF Plans

Registered members, you may place your commercial ads here (there are no longer any fees for this). The MIMF plans are here. And the occasional "help wanted".
Forum rules
Either ad may include your logo and a link to your website if you have one.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

MIMF Plans

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Musical Instrument Makers Forum Plans

The links in the order form below will open a reduced-size preview image in a new browser window. Plans are full-size, plotter output on 24 pound bond, 24" or 36" wide. Please note that these plans were not necessarily drawn by either professional builders or experienced draftsmen, and some details may be missing. Paper will shrink or expand with changes in humidity, and plotters are not the most accurate of output devices. Consider these and all plans to be no more than a guide. Feel fee to ask for clarification on the forum. You build from these plans at your own risk!

We do not own the rights to the files we use, and cannot distribute these plans as files. Please don't ask us to e-mail you the files, such e-mail requests will not be answered.

Canadians: Every year we receive complaints regarding lengthy shipping times from your Thanksgiving through Christmas. Be forewarned that if you are ordering from Canada your shipment may take as long as four weeks to arrive if you place your order any time from October to February.

Residents of Italy and South America: We've been at this long enough to be able to tell residents of Italy and South America that you should expect delays of several months in receipt of your order. If your order does not arrive in a timely manner please let me know, but be aware that no action can be taken until 30 days after the plans were shipped. If you do not receive your plans, please do not wait much longer than 30 days to inform me or the package will be impossible to track. If you're in a hurry you might want to consider shipment by Global Express Mail, but that adds about $30 to the shipping costs below and is not available to every location in those countries. Sorry, but there's really nothing we can do about the delays otherwise. We will confirm the shipping costs before processing your order, please note that if you choose this option it is most economical to order more than one set of plans and have them shipped together.

Prices are listed below and do not include shipping costs (as most of you know, I did not inherit Deb's plotter and its attendant headaches, so I have to pay to plot these). Most are black and white but some are in color.
SHIPPING COSTS
All plans are sent rolled in a tube by USPS Priority Mail domestically, Air Mail internationally.
  • USA: $7.00
  • Canada: $13.00
  • South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, NZ: $20.00
  • Each additional set to same USA address, add $2.00
  • Each additional set to same address OUTSIDE the USA, add $3.00
The Two "V" plans
  • The Gibson "V" has a glue-in neck (set neck), with a scarf joint at the headstock, 22 frets. Neck angle is 1.5 degrees. String through design, with Tune-O-Matic bridge. Dual pickups. Body is 18 1/2" long x 16 11/16" wide x 1 1/4" thick. Overall length is about 41 7/8".
  • The Hondo "V" is a "cheap" version of the Gibson. It uses a screw on neck, Strat-style (no scarf joint) with 22 frets. Neck angle is 1.5 degrees. Bridge is a bridge/stop bar combo with Tune-O-Matic style adjustments. Single pickup (humbucker). Body is 18 3/64" long x 14 5/8" wide (about 2 inches narrower than the Gibson) and 1 1/2" thick. Overall length is about 40 3/4". The author of both plans prefers this body size.
Both instruments are a TRUE 24.75" scale: the scale is 24.75" before compensation is added.

Ordering Information
Use the PayPal "Donation" link on the left of the main forum page, towards the top). Be sure to indicate which plan(s) you want and your shipping address.
tempsnip.png
tempsnip.png (37 KiB) Viewed 67467 times
Orders may be held for batching to the plotting service. Receipt of your order will be confirmed within a few days. If no confirmation is received, drop me a PM.
Last edited by Charlie Schultz on Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warren Hardman

Re: MIMF Plans

Post by Warren Hardman »

With the height cost of shipping (to USA), perhaps you could scan your plans to PDF file, allowing transfer at no cost? Just a thought...
garry evans

Post by garry evans »

how do I order and pay for a plan?? cant seem to work out via the instructions on this page
thanks
garry evans
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Go to the main page (index.php) and look just below the MIMF banner. You should see a "PP Donations" button. Click on that to take you to PayPal where you can send the money to cover the plan cost and shipping. You also need to tell me which plan and your mailing address. That part can be done either via the PayPal form or separately via a PM or e-mail to me. Thanks.
Last edited by Charlie Schultz on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated donations button location.

Return to “Builders' Supplies and Services”