StewMac tools

The Hossenfeffer Bass

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

Re: The Hossenfeffer Bass

Postby David King » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Very nice!
After reading up on Hossenfeffer I hope you used rabbit glue throughout.
David King

Postby Mark Fogleman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:45 pm

A+ job!
This thread is bringing back memories of one of my best concert experiences when I saw Yes in ~1973-1974 and my seat was directly in front of the soundboard in a smallish venue. They had a hexaphonic sound system and Chris Squire was rocking his 4001S.
Mark Fogleman

Postby Barry Daniels » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:43 am

Yeah, that '73 Yes tour was great. I saw them in a small indoor basketball court in OKC. My wife saw them in Indy. And I have talked to others that consider the tour one of their greatest concert experiences.
MIMF Staff
Barry Daniels

Postby Mark Swanson » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:51 pm

And I saw it in Chicago. A friend and I skipped school that day to drive down there and see it in some kind of arena. The stage did not rotate but the band ran onstage through some kind of lit up tunnel like structure.
    Mark Swanson, guitarist, MIMForum Staff
Mark Swanson

Postby David Schwab » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:38 pm

That looks great! I own two '73 4001 basses. One was my first good bass I got new at age 15. I was a big Yes and McCartney fan. I made an aluminum nut for my Rick.
David Schwab

Previous

Return to Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars