Here is where you put your entries.
Next I glued up the back, on a 15 foot radius disk. I think I mis-spoke on an earlier post when I said I glued the soundboard on a 15 foot disk, when in fact I glued the soundboard on a 25 foot radius disk. I also glued small strips on the seams, with the grain running perendicular to the grain of the back.
I cut 6 radius disks on our CNC machine last year, and glued sandpaper on one 15 foot disk and one 25 foot disk. I use these to sand the sides to the proper radius before gluing up the soundboard, and back.
I put the sides in the form to hold it's shape, and glued the soundboard onto the sides, using the go-bars.
I glued the back on the same way.
At this point I went back to the neck. I cut a 14 degree angle in the neck block for the peghead, and using a plane, scrapper, and sanding block I smoothed the joint for a good fit. Here I glued the peghead onto the neck block.
Then I glued the heel pieces on the neck block.
Because I want the peghead to be just a little bit wider than the neckblock, I glued two "wings" onto the peghead.
Next I went back to the body. Using a homemade jig, I routed binding channels in the sides for purfling, and binding. I glued and taped the purfling, and binding to the sides. Here is a shot of the sides, after scraping and sanding.
Here is a shot of the back. The bindings were cut from some maple I have.
Picture of the top.
Here is a closeup of the heel binding.
And a shot of the purfling and binding.
I have had a busy week, and haven't posted any pictures, but I have been able to do some work every day. I routed the dovetail using a simple jig.
After routing a channel for the truss rod, and checking that the ajuster fits, I glued the neck to the body.
I cut the slots for the frets to a 25.4" scale length.
Using rasps, and my sander, I rough shaped the neck.
I am using a piece of the redwood, and some walnut I have to make a peghead design.
A view of the peghead after sanding.
Here I am gluing the fretboard onto the neck.