Completed walnut topped electric

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Christ Kacoyannakis

Completed walnut topped electric

Post by Christ Kacoyannakis »

Top: Hand carved exhibition grade figured Claro walnut
Body: Chambered African ribbon stripe mahogany with gold mother of purl purfling and curly maple binding
Neck: Master grade curly western big leaf maple, with two carbon fiber reinforcement bars, and two-way truss rod
Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood, curly maple pinstripe purfling and figured walnut binding with white mother of pearl blocks outlined in gold mother of pearl, and
gold Evo jumbo frets. Gold mother of pearl side dots
Headplate: Burl walnut with gold and white mother of pearl inlaid logo and gold mother of pearl truss rod cover, curly maple pinstripe purfling and figured
walnut binding
Backplate: Highly figured Claro walnut
Tuners: Gold tone Grover with genuine mother of pearl buttons
Pickups: Ezi humbuckers with curly maple covers (rear mounted)
Electronics: Stewart MacDonald Golden Age CTS pots
Knobs: Gold plated genuine US silver dollars capped with gold plated buffalo nickels
Switch: Switchcraft with mother of pearl knob and handmade gold mother of pearl poker chip
Bridge: Gold toned Pinnacle CNC machined steel Nashville locking bridge
Tailpiece: Gold toned Pinnacle CNC machined steel wraparound tailpiece
Strap buttons: Gold toned Schaller S-Locks
Strings: StringJoy super light

Dan Hehnke

Re: Completed walnut topped electric

Post by Dan Hehnke »

Love it! I love walnut with binding. Great job.

How do you like those pickups? That's the first I've heard of them.
Christ Kacoyannakis

I like the way they sound. This is my first electric, so I don't really have anything to compare them to. Barlow Guitars from Long Island, uses them, and he says all his customers, from jazz players to metal heads really like them. Ezy is great to work with. They answer all your questions, and help you any way you need. Plus, the pickups are beautiful!
David King

Post by David King »

Very unique guitar Christ. Lots of cool little details too but they are hard to make out in the photos.
Christ Kacoyannakis

Thanks David. Yes, there are a lot of little details. The dark walnut and the gloss finish makes it very difficult to photograph. The pictures don't do this guitar justice. Oddly, people just love the blue one I finished a week or two before this one. I think they like the color and the curly maple. I have to say, I love that blue one too, but I started out with this one in mind.
Mark Wybierala

Post by Mark Wybierala »

Its a beautiful guitar. I have yet to build a guitar with exceptional woods but at some point I intend to. I have a prototype instrument that shows promise with four like instruments in construction. If these prove to be consistent, I'll pull the trigger on some expensive lumber.

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”