Looking for a school for luthiery

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Eric Knapp

Looking for a school for luthiery

Post by Eric Knapp »

Hello, my daughter is interested in luthiery and is looking for a school. She wants to learn to make violin family instruments. What schools are recommended?

Thanks,

-Eric
JC Whitney

Re: Looking for a school for luthiery

Post by JC Whitney »

The North Bennet Street School in Boston has a three year full time violin family building/repair progrm.The school has been around since the late 1890s, and also offers a number of other programs including cabinetry, preservation woodworking, and a number of other things that I wish I could take a few years off to study. I can’t vouch for the program itself, I only know of their existence.
Eric Knapp

Post by Eric Knapp »

JC Whitney wrote:The North Bennet Street School in Boston has a three year full time violin family building/repair progrm.The school has been around since the late 1890s, and also offers a number of other programs including cabinetry, preservation woodworking, and a number of other things that...
Thanks, that looks really interesting.
JC Whitney wrote:I wish I could take a few years off to study.
Me too!
JC Whitney wrote:I can’t vouch for the program itself, I only know of their existence.
I wonder if she'd mind if her dad signed up too. :D

-Eric
Matthew Lau

Post by Matthew Lau »

It'd be really interesting to hear from Al Carruth.

Return to “Jam Session”