Parts for a Wilkinson tremolo

If you have a string instrument of any kind that needs fixing, a mistake you made in building a new instrument that you need to "disappear," or a question about the ethics of altering an older instrument, ask here. Please note that it will be much easier for us to help you decide on the best repair method if you post some pictures of the problem.
Post Reply
Stefan Wester
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:51 am

Parts for a Wilkinson tremolo

Post by Stefan Wester »


I recently bought an used guitar that is outfitted with a Wilkinson WVS50 II tremolo. Unfortunately, the tremolo arm was missing, and I later found out that the small ring (of platic or rubber?), that's inside the hole where you insert the tremolo arm, is also missing.
The tremolo arm is not difficult to find, but I did not find anyone who has the "ring" yet.
Does anyone know where to find this part?

Thanks in advance!

// Stefan
The part that is missing is the black ring inside the hole.
The part that is missing is the black ring inside the hole.
Wilkinson.png (75.04 KiB) Viewed 2448 times

David King
Posts: 2678
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:01 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Parts for a Wilkinson tremolo

Post by David King »


This part isn't indispensable to the operation of the tremolo but it does help keep the bar from rattling. You could probably find an "O" ring or two at a hardware store that can replace the missing washer. If you have access to a small lathe it would be very quick to turn a new part from delrin.
There are several bar diameters and threads in current use so check the block threads with various screws at a hardware store. I'd start with M5x.80.

Post Reply