Gregs Doubleneck build

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Greg Martin

Gregs Doubleneck build

Post by Greg Martin »

I built this in 2000 for my son. It was built from a picture of a 58 hollowbody Gibson EDS 1275. I made templates and a full size drawing from that one picture ,so its not an exact clone for sure. I made mine semi hollow,2-1/2" thick. The top is hand carved quilted maple The back is hand carved Honduras mahogany. I did not bend rims on this project. Both necks are 24.75 scale and set neck. the necks are 3 piece Honduras and the finger boards are bookmatched Colobolo. Both necks use single action truss rods and graphite stiffeners. It weighs in at 10lb 6 oz. The six stringer has a early Gibson 500t in the bridge. The neck is an old Maxon from the mid 70's. I dont remember the pickups on the 12 string, They were not vintage. The finish is all nitro lacqure and Mohawk dye stains as shaders. The hardest part of this project was the then lack of info on the wiring. Its all good now but took months to work thru. Its a beast and I made a custom case for it from a cut down keyboard case. It sounds awsome and has a vibe, but I wont be making another anytime soon. Sonny loves it
Attachments
double neck 2002.jpg
double neck 2002.jpg (13.52 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
Greg Robinson

Re: Gregs Doubleneck build

Post by Greg Robinson »

Greg, did you want to keep this account, or the other one?
MIMForum staff member - Melbourne, Australia

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”