What gives on the Bowed Stringed Instruments and Bows page?

Please put any questions about repairing your instrument or the finish on it in our Repairs section.
Doug Polk

What gives on the Bowed Stringed Instruments and Bows page?

Post by Doug Polk »

I've come back to the forum after being away for over half a year (had to re-ergister too), only to find some of my posts from back then still on the first page here. So, ahhh...been a little slow lately?
John E Giarrizzo

Re: What gives on the Bowed Stringed Instruments and Bows page?

Post by John E Giarrizzo »

Doug,

I've just posted again after many years of being away. Yes, I've also noticed that it is a lot slower here than back when I first joined in 2000-2001. MIMF is one of the warmest and friendliest of forums. Deb and Charlie have done a nice job of running it. Hopefully, some of the other "old timers" will return.

John
Mark Swanson

Re: What gives on the Bowed Stringed Instruments and Bows page?

Post by Mark Swanson »

I don't think it's any slower....summer traditionally is a slow time here though. The "Bowed" section is not very busy, we just do not get as many luthiers who have interests there as we do in other sections, like Guitars for instance.
But welcome back anyway, the best thing you can do if you'd like more activity is to post yourself! And photos of some instruments always spark things up.
  • Mark Swanson, guitarist, MIMForum Staff

Return to “Bowed Stringed Instruments and Bows”