Hi MIMF! I make Unique hand drums and a new style of flute I call the "Elaphone"

Cory Little

Hi MIMF! I make Unique hand drums and a new style of flute I call the "Elaphone"

Post by Cory Little »

I live in Oregon, high in the hills, between Portland and the coast. In a small town called Elsie. I chose the occupation of instrument making in January of 2000, making hand drums from all recycled materials. I transitioned into making didgeridoos, tone boxes, and fretless basses. For the past few years I have been making a new style of flute that I call the elaphone. I find it easy to love the challenge of attacking turbulent air to create tonal frequencies.

I still use only recycled and gifted woods..
Attachments
SAM_0314-640x480.JPG
SAM_0345-800x600.JPG
Hans Bezemer

Re: Hi MIMF! I make Unique hand drums and a new style of flute I call the "Elaphone"

Post by Hans Bezemer »

Welcome Cory!

Nice instruments.
Do you a picture of one of the fretless basses you've made?

Hans
Cory Little

Re: Hi MIMF! I make Unique hand drums and a new style of flute I call the "Elaphone"

Post by Cory Little »

Hans Bezemer wrote:Welcome Cory!

Nice instruments.
Do you a picture of one of the fretless basses you've made?

Hans
I wish I had taken more pictures of what I have made over the years...
I did find this old picture from back when I was making basses.
Attachments
DCP_1856.jpg
Hans Bezemer

Post by Hans Bezemer »

thanks, I like the headstock design. Nice bassstand b.t.w. ...;)

Hope to see you around on the forum.
Cory Little

Post by Cory Little »

Hans Bezemer wrote:thanks, I like the headstock design. Nice bassstand b.t.w. ...;)

Hope to see you around on the forum.
Thanks, but I did better headstocks,.. Here's one I did that my uncle has.

The bridge on the purple heart neck-through above is a carved part of the neck piece. I still have that one, as a personal instrument.
Attachments
full.jpg
Dan Hill

Post by Dan Hill »

Hi Cory, another Oregonian here. I would like to learn more about your interesting-looking flutes. I've made a few whistles from "traditional" PVC, and a few more traditional acoustic string instruments. Welcome aboard.
Cory Little

Post by Cory Little »

Dan Hill wrote:Hi Cory, another Oregonian here. I would like to learn more about your interesting-looking flutes. I've made a few whistles from "traditional" PVC, and a few more traditional acoustic string instruments. Welcome aboard.
Hi Dan, what part of Oregon are you from? I make regular trips to Portland, and attend a drum circle there. There is also a hand crafted instrument fair in West Linn once a year.

Return to “Wind, Percussion, and Miscellaneous and Experimental Instruments”