Tenor Flute

Tenor Flute

Postby Daniel Kern » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:16 pm

So I made a tenor flute but I am having an issue with play ability. I don't know anyone to ask so I am hoping that ya'll will be able to help.

I am thinking that it has to do with the embouchure hole. The embouchure hole is about 1/4" deep and is carved like this. Image

Another detail that may or may not have something to do with it is that most of the tone holes are a bit deeper than 1/4" but 2 of them are very shallow. This is because when I made the bore the bit veered off to the side.

I am able to get a few notes in a higher register but not any in the lower register in which it was made to be played.

I am thinking that I may have carved out too much from the side of the embouchure hole which catches the wind. If this is the case then it may be possible that I need to put some epoxy on this side to fill it back in and then carve it out again to the proper shape.
Daniel Kern

Return to Wind, Percussion, and Miscellaneous and Experimental Instruments