Gluing composite bridge on Martin

If you have a string instrument of any kind that needs fixing, a mistake you made in building a new instrument that you need to "disappear," or a question about the ethics of altering an older instrument, ask here. Please note that it will be much easier for us to help you decide on the best repair method if you post some pictures of the problem.
Dave Gentner

Gluing composite bridge on Martin

Post by Dave Gentner »

I'm looking for a recommendation as to what glue to use when regluing a bridge on a Martin 00CXAE Grand Concert. The bridge is composite and the top is Formica. I know Titebond won't work (tried it). I'm thinking I'll have to use epoxy.
Dave Gentner

Re: Gluing composite bridge on Martin

Post by Dave Gentner »

I just talked to Martin. They use 3M Scotchweld PR 600. It's a plastic/rubber instant adhesive cyanoacrylate.
Frank Dryer III

Post by Frank Dryer III »

Dave Gentner wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:47 pm I just talked to Martin. They use 3M Scotchweld PR 600. It's a plastic/rubber instant adhesive cyanoacrylate.
Do you have links on shops where I can buy this glue?
Last edited by Barry Daniels on Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing unrelated link.
Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

Frank Dryer III wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:20 am
Dave Gentner wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:47 pm I just talked to Martin. They use 3M Scotchweld PR 600. It's a plastic/rubber instant adhesive cyanoacrylate.
Do you have links on shops where I can buy this glue?
https://www.rshughes.com/p/3M-Scotch-We ... gLSoPD_BwE

Return to “String Instrument Repair: Practical and Political Issues”