Have a name on the body of a guitar

If it's not a guitar or a bass guitar discussion, and it's got strings, put it here.

Have a name on the body of a guitar

Postby William Stuck » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Hello, This is my first question -- and it may have been answered many times before --but I cannot find it. I am making a three string found stuff guiter for my grandson ( he is 11 and plays with a school group in Nashville). The body front is a plated silver round shape and I want to get his name laser etched into it. The etching is not going to be real obvious and will somewhat blend into the design that is there. . My question is --- what orientation should the name be set at? ( So it can be read when it is in the stand? So it can be read when he is playing it ? or lined up with the strings??? or ). Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Bill
William Stuck

Re: Have a name on the body of a guitar

Postby ken axe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:47 pm

upside-down that way it can't be read by anyone (just to keep it fair).
ken axe

Postby Simon Chadwick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:28 pm

Running in a circle right round the edge?
Simon Chadwick

Postby David Robinson » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 am

Reminds me of the off-color joke as to why cowboys always have their name on the back of their belt.
David Robinson

Return to Other Stringed Instruments