Learning material

Please put any questions about repairing your instrument or the finish on it in our Repairs section.

Learning material

Postby James Rugby » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Hello all I've just bought a acoustic cello and in the process of making a e-cello.

I am going to have lessons but they wont start until after the summer holidays

I would like to buy some material to get me started, books, cd, dvd's and even youtube advice but there are so many out there and a lot of material that is no good

I have started buying books, well just one at the moment and also downloaded the first 5 video lessons from this man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eySmCWYBlnU

what are your view on that above material for learning from O'and the book I've bought is Strings in steps book 1

My goal for this year is to play a duet with my son (clarinet) or even play moonlight sonata

James
James Rugby

Re: Learning material

Postby Stephen Bacon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:21 am

The Suzuki book one is good because it comes with a CD to work with. The visuals on utube are recommended as well. String is fine.
Stephen Bacon

Return to Bowed Stringed Instruments and Bows