Template for Gibson ES-125

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
jorge rodriguez

Template for Gibson ES-125

Post by jorge rodriguez »

Hi,

I am restoring a Gibson ES-125 and I need a template to make the pickguard, which is missing. I could just buy one but they're generally too expensive and I'd prefer to make it myself.

Anyone knows where I can find a template for this? Or maybe someone has got a pickguard which can be scanned and sent to me? The guitar is an ES-125 with one pickup and no cutaway.

Thanks in advance,

Jorge
Greg Steil

Re: Template for Gibson ES-125

Post by Greg Steil »

Howdy, Greg Steil here. I have a drawing I made of a 1958 Gibson ES-125 with a P-90. This was the thin body model, and the pickup cut out is right about in the middle of the guard. Would this help? I'd be happy to sen a scan if it would work, and if I had your E. The shape should be the same I think.
jorge rodriguez

Re: Template for Gibson ES-125

Post by jorge rodriguez »

Greg Steil wrote:Howdy, Greg Steil here. I have a drawing I made of a 1958 Gibson ES-125 with a P-90. This was the thin body model, and the pickup cut out is right about in the middle of the guard. Would this help? I'd be happy to sen a scan if it would work, and if I had your E. The shape should be the same I think.
Hi Greg!

Thanks a lot for your reply! Yes I think it would work, mine is the wide body, but I guess the pickguard should be the same. I will send you my email on a PM.

Regards,

Jorge

Return to “Archtop Guitars and Bass Guitars”