New "kid" on the block

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Will Hinton

New "kid" on the block

Post by Will Hinton »

Even though I first joined back in 2014, I then got so tied up with things that I failed to come back until just now. Shame on me! :oops:
I live in northwest Ohio in the town of Wauseon, live with my second wife, Dorothy after losing number one to breast cancer in 2015. I have two grown children, five grandchildren and five great grandchildren. Life is good.
I build all categories of electric and acoustic guitars and basses and am working on number 56 at this time, a short scale bass with led lighted fretboard.
I consider my shop a ministry because nearly 100% of my clients either play in worship bands in local churches or in Christian entertainment bands.
For right now...I am living the dream. :D
Barry Daniels

Re: New "kid" on the block

Post by Barry Daniels »

Welcome to the MIMF, Will.
MIMF Staff
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

Welcome, good to have you here!
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Mike Conner

Post by Mike Conner »

Welcome, Will! I like you joined years ago but only recently have returned to building and the MIMF. I also share the blessings from focusing on using my efforts as an expression of music ministry, and through that have supported many wonderful people, whether experienced or just getting started in music. This has blessed me far more than I have given.

My wife Dianne and I are living the dream also!
Ken Nagy

Post by Ken Nagy »

Welcome Will, I just started adding guitars to my making; I like the wide variety of instruments. I don't have any ministry in my making, but all kinds of music can get my attention spiritually. All the way back to hearing King Crimson back in 8th or 9th grade. To me it was talking about the end times, and for some reason that really got my attention. I'm more of a loner. Not that I want to be, that's just the way it is I guess. People have families and things. Now that I'm retired, I can work on stuff most afternoons. I do my "ministry"; a devotional blog in the morning. I think it is more for me than anyone else.
Yesterday I cut out the pieces for the top of a go bar deck. It will attach to the rafters of the basement, and the base will be my adjustable bench. It should work. I like to do things differently.
I'm having a lot of fun anyway.
It's good to see that everyone else is having a blast too!
Will Hinton

Post by Will Hinton »

Thanks for all your warm welcomes. Now I have the urge to build a go bar deck and ready myself for that aspect of the acoustic scene! When I do braces, it looks like a prehistoric neanderthal is trying to chew up my tops or backs! (Thank goodness for cam clamps.)

Return to “Introduce yourself here!”