Intro

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Alessandro Defa

Intro

Post by Alessandro Defa »

Hi everyone! I'm Alessandro from Italy, i'm a violin maker an I learned by myself with my critical spirit. My personal approach to the liutherie is very far from modern maker's system,cause I consider the external part(arching and tickness) like a pure consequence of the inner part and of the properties of the piece of wood that I used,that is unique. So I project the form and the the inner curvature trying to create an inner area where armonicals frequencies can vibrate mixing themselfs armonically inside the violin. So the external for me is a consequence of the inner area and I cannot foresee it. About this and other things I would like to discuss with you.
Thank you for the opportunity of expression.
Regards
Alessandro
Jim McConkey

Re: Intro

Post by Jim McConkey »

Welcome to the Forum, Alessandro! We have a whole section on Bowed Instruments for discussing violins, etc.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Alain Lambert

Post by Alain Lambert »

Welcome to the forum Alessandro.
So I project the form and the the inner curvature trying to create an inner area where armonicals frequencies can vibrate mixing themselfs armonically inside the violin.
This is interesting. Can you elaborate on your theory or method to achieve that Alessandro
Alessandro Defa

Nice to meet all of you! Sure I will be happy to do it! Where should I do it? Should I go on the section for bowed instruments? I'm very happy to discuss with somebody with the same passion!
Barry Daniels

Post by Barry Daniels »

Yes, feel free to start a new discussion there.
MIMF Staff
Alessandro Defa

Perfect!!!

Return to “Introduce yourself here!”