Hello everybody

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Anthony Bradshaw

Hello everybody

Post by Anthony Bradshaw »

Hi folks,
This is my first post as I am a newby. I am currently (attempting) to build my first
guitar which is based on the G J200 jumbo. I never new that making an instrument can
be so rewarding. I am new to woodworking but have joined a wood shed and they have
all the tools required to make a guitar. Never having posted before I'm not 100 % sure
I am doing this right but I have a problem. I have braced the back of the soundboard and
have realized that the bracing is not long enough to fit into the notched sides when I
close the box. Is there an easy solution? I would really appreciate any help. Cheers
Bryan Bear

Re: Hello everybody

Post by Bryan Bear »

Welcome Anthony! I too was new to woodworking when I started; it is good that you have some woodworkers around to helo you get started. Read all you can in the library here too and also ask questions.

As for your braces, Post a new question (preferably with a picture) in the instrument repair section, it will get more traffic. Without seeing it, my first thought would be to plane them off and put new ones on.
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Anthony Bradshaw

Post by Anthony Bradshaw »

Thank you Bryan
your response is appreciated.
Gordon Bellerose

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

Anthony. Welcome to the forum!
I do not have an answer for your short brace issue, but I would like to welcome you.
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
Jim McConkey

Post by Jim McConkey »

Welcome to the Forum, Anthony!

You can chisel out the kerf above where the brace should have fit in, and replace it with a larger triangle that sticks out far enough to secure the brace.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore

Return to “Introduce yourself here!”