Hello there!

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Robert Sherman

Hello there!

Post by Robert Sherman »

Hello everybody, I'd like to introduce myself. I am a practicing luthier living in Northern California, been building and repairing since 1990. If trying to build a telecaster out of a broken chair when I was 14 counts for anything, then I have been an aspiring luthier since 1980. It was awful. I've made a living at this full time since 1991, largely thanks to the tutelage of a master luthier I met in Boston named Eric Miller.

Now I build acoustic and electric guitars, basses, mandolins and ukulele. Yes, the plural is still ukulele. It's like fish or sheep. I don't work on bagpipes. I have been asked. Converting a cumbush to a six string fretted version is about as far as I'll go.

Once in a while I will likely post a question or story. It is my hope that someone may have an answer or find value in what I post. Thanks for reading.

Robert Sherman
Bryan Bear

Re: Hello there!

Post by Bryan Bear »

Welcome!

I wonder if there is a furniture making forum somewhere out there where a member confesses to trying to make a chair out of a broken telecaster.
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Bryan Bear wrote:Welcome!

I wonder if there is a furniture making forum somewhere out there where a member confesses to trying to make a chair out of a broken telecaster.
:lol:
Jim McConkey

Post by Jim McConkey »

Welcome to the Forum, Robert!
No need to go to other forums for instruments being made into furniture. We have seen it all right here. We hope you stick around and enjoy the forum a while.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Gordon Bellerose

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

Welcome Robert.
There are a few full time professionals here. Some of us are part time, a lot of us are amateurs.
One thing we all share is a deep love for wood and wooden instruments.
I am assuming the chair was wood, correct? :D
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!

Return to “Introduce yourself here!”