4 string headless bass piezzo/midi bridge

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

4 string headless bass piezzo/midi bridge

Postby Cédric Verglas » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi fellows,

I am looking for a source for individual piezzo bridge (for midi capabilities) for a 4 string headless bass I am planing. I've spent some time googling without succes. Do I have to buy standard headless gear and machine the bridge to adapte some RMC pickups (or another brand)?

Thanks,
HarpGuitar maker previously known as Pierre Lamour !
Cédric Verglas

Re: 4 string headless bass piezzo/midi bridge

Postby Michael Sankey » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Graph-tech makes piezo saddles to fit ABM bridges- they also make the hexpander midi interface. I think they also make piezo saddles to fit Hipshot as well. Check them out at the obvious URL.
You can order the bridges with piezo pre-installed directly from ABM. I did that for a guitar with individual bridges recently. They work very well, but if you order direct they build to order, which means you have to wait a while.
Michael Sankey

Re: 4 string headless bass piezzo/midi bridge

Postby Cédric Verglas » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Much thanks Michael, I am not that good googling :D
HarpGuitar maker previously known as Pierre Lamour !
Cédric Verglas

Return to Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars