Guitar blueprints site?

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Johnathan Sibley

Guitar blueprints site?

Post by Johnathan Sibley »

Does anybody remember a website that used to get referenced a lot on here (May have been the old MIMF)? It had loads of free to download blueprints in PDF, DWG, and DXF files. If I recall correctly it was a guy's name but, who knows at this point, it's been years since it's even crossed my mind.
Thanks in advance.
Eric Knapp

Re: Guitar blueprints site?

Post by Eric Knapp »

I’m not sure if this is what you are thinking of but it does have some plans. I’m using the OM plans for my first build.

http://www.grellier.fr/en/downloads

-Eric
Johnathan Sibley

Eric, that's not it, but thanks.
The one I'm looking for had most of Fender and Gibson's regular lineup along with a lot of more niche guitars like the Klein, Red Special, and Those wierd Ocation electrics along with some BC Rich, Ibanez, Jackson, etc. There were a lot.
Jim McConkey

Post by Jim McConkey »

Don't forget we still have the entire archives of the previous forum, as well as the current, 24 years worth in total! Go to the MIMF Library from the forum home page. You have a choice of searching either the new or old archives.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Johnathan Sibley

Jim McConkey wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:58 pm Don't forget we still have the entire archives of the previous forum, as well as the current, 24 years worth in total! Go to the MIMF Library from the forum home page. You have a choice of searching either the new or old archives.
I'll try searching again. It may have been a problem of word choice when I searched before.
Frank Dryer III

Post by Frank Dryer III »

Johnathan Sibley wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:17 pm Does anybody remember a website that used to get referenced a lot on here (May have been the old MIMF)? It had loads of free to download blueprints in PDF, DWG, and DXF files. If I recall correctly it was a guy's name but, who knows at this point, it's been years since it's even crossed my mind.
Thanks in advance.
Maybe you should look to archives of MIMF?
Last edited by Barry Daniels on Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Staff removed unrelated link.
Kurt Temreto

Post by Kurt Temreto »

Keith Howell

Post by Keith Howell »

Alain Lambert

Post by Alain Lambert »

This one has a lot of electric templates: https://www.electricherald.com/guitar-templates/

Oops! Duplicate
JC Whitney

Post by JC Whitney »

I’m pretty sure that the MIMFer you’re thinking of is Jamie Unden, who operated as Guitar Plans Unlimited. Nice fellow as I remember it, with well drafted and thorough plans.

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”