New Build for Myself

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Pete Halliday

New Build for Myself

Post by Pete Halliday »

So, I wanted a single guitar that would cover most of what I would want individually from a T and an S guitar. The result was this thinline with an ash body and maple neck and T-style bridge and pickup with S-style neck and middle pickups. The switching is a bit goofy with the 3-way toggle allowing the selection of T, S, or both and the slide switch giving neck, middle, or both into the toggle switch. With this set-up I am able to get all six possible pickup combinations. Obviously the bridge sounds very much like a T, and the neck/middle selections sound very S, but I was pretty pleasantly surprised that bridge/neck sounds very similar to a T middle position while bridge/middle at least to my ear captures the Lay Down Sally/Sultans of Swing/Sweet Home Alabama sound remarkably well.

Bryan Bear

Re: New Build for Myself

Post by Bryan Bear »

I like the nod to the T and S headstock shapes!
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

That looks really nice.
With the bonus of seeing more Yankee screwdrivers in one place than I have ever seen.
Karl Wicklund

Post by Karl Wicklund »

I really dig your headstock logo. And the rest of the guitar looks really nice - colors, shapes, grain complement each other well.
Kaptain Karl
Matthew Lau

Post by Matthew Lau »

That's gorgeous. Like your tool wall.
Dick Hutchings

Post by Dick Hutchings »

I can't get past the tool wall. There's a guitar?
Dick Hutchings
Bob Gramann

Post by Bob Gramann »

Be careful about having the tool wall over the work surface. Gravity can be very disheartening.
Pete Halliday

Post by Pete Halliday »

As someone who has spent countless hours/days/weeks of his life looking for that tool "I was just using," it's amazing how much better I've been about putting things away because they all have a defined place and they're still easily at hand. Here's a look at the whole thing...

Pete Halliday

Post by Pete Halliday »

The ship lap for the whole thing was probably 60 bucks and most everything is hung on 1/4 dowel pegs or brackets made out of scrap odds and ends.
JC Whitney

Post by JC Whitney »

Don't know how I missed your original post way back when - that's truly a beautiful design.
... and a tip o' my hat to your Yankee Screwdrivers. Owning one was a lifelong goal for me starting at about age 5.

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”