New/old build

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Chris Flynn

New/old build

Post by Chris Flynn »

here is a teardrop bass I built, to play in a 60's tribute band, it is a semi-hollow body made from poplar, maple neck, rosewood fret board. I made the head small as the Vox's teardrops are neck heavy and difficult to play, I did put a humbucker under the cover. it has a little more "sound" to it than the Vox's I have played, I like it a little better. very light compared to my walnut/ maple precision that I built. I did use " polyurthane" paint and clear coat, hoping it will yellow with some age. I have been leaving it in a south window so it will speed up the "ageing" a little. I am a hobbiest builder so be gentle. thanks
Chris
Attachments
teardrop20001.jpg
Patrick Kirkham

Re: New/old build

Post by Patrick Kirkham »

Say, now that has some mojo. I notice it has a nice humane fingerboard width, which makes it more comfortable than the last "Wyman" Vox paddle I played. More shots would be welcome.Soundfiles too. What scale did you build it to?
Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

And some headstock shots too!
Mike Baker

Post by Mike Baker »

Cool looking bass! Good job!
Thomas Dooher

Post by Thomas Dooher »

I gotta say I like it...maybe getting nostalgic in my later years. :-)
Chris Flynn

Post by Chris Flynn »

Thanks for the kind words, I will take a picture of the headstock and neck. this weekend and post, if is is ok I will post a couple others I have built. thanks again
Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

Sweet! Lookin' forward to it.

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”