Vinyl covered Telecaster

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
rob bowen

Vinyl covered Telecaster

Post by rob bowen »

I have just recently finished making a body from Poplar for a 5 string open tuning slide guitar. I was looking for an alternative to paint, and I chose marine vinyl and chrome nailheads.
Attachments
V_TELE2.jpg
V_TELE1.JPG
V_TELE4.jpg
V_TELE5.jpg
V_TELE7.jpg
Jason Rodgers

Re: Vinyl covered Telecaster

Post by Jason Rodgers »

There you go again! I like this even better than the denim guitar. Please tell about the material application.
-Ruining perfectly good wood, one day at a time.
Steve Koons

Post by Steve Koons »

I'd have to cut a new nut and re-drill the bridge, that missing string would drive me crazy! How many pounds did all those nails add to the weight? I love the string tree though (and I thought I was cheap <grin>).
rob bowen

Post by rob bowen »

Hahaha Steve ...funny. I wondered about the weight of type nails, but thinking back, they didn't weigh very much in the shopping basket. 9 packages of 30 - 1/4 inch chrome nailheads. The brand is "Homepak" purchased at Home Hardware for $2.99/ pack. I had fun improvising the string tree. Jason, the material application was very simple, wet the wood, wet the fabric, apply carpenter glue to both surfaces, the top was done first, stapled around the sides, staples removed later.
rob bowen

Post by rob bowen »

Oh also, I pulled the frets out and filled the slots with wood filler.

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”