Member looking for a black pickguard to replace white on Fender G5

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Member looking for a black pickguard to replace white on Fender G5

Post by Charlie Schultz »

We have a member who is looking for a black pickguard that will replace the white pickguard that is on a Roland Fender G5 COSM Guitar.
Gordon Bellerose

Re: Member looking for a black pickguard to replace white on Fender G5

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

I see no one has replied to this, and it has been up for a few days.
The member may have to have one made for that guitar. I can't say that I have ever seen one of these guitars, so the pickguard may be a bit hard to find.
Didn't Fender make another guitar with four knobs also?
For the life of me, I can't remember the model, but it came out about 10-12 years ago.
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
Art Davila

Re: Member looking for a black pickguard to replace white on Fender G5

Post by Art Davila »

I know there are a few cnc owners out there, that could do the job. Why now contact one of them to do the job If you give them the original for a template the can make a new one for you. Jamie Unden comes to mind. I am sure he would charge a set up fee but if you cant make one your self, that might be an option.
You could also make a paper template and glue it to some hardboard, then you could make any color you want from your template.
I have a lot of experience on how "not" to do things.

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”