I need measurements for routing p-90 dog ear pickups

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

I need measurements for routing p-90 dog ear pickups

Postby Greg Martin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi, Im drawing a project guitar to use a gotoh 510 UB bridge combo and 1 dog ear p-90 bridge pickup. I need to know, does this bridge mount with an angle like a tune a matic? also what is the distance from the center of the pole pieces to center of saddles? and how deep is the p-90 rout 5/8" ? thanks
Greg Martin

Re: I need measurements for routing p-90 dog ear pickups

Postby David King » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Greg,

I thought the dog ear variant was for surface mounting on arch tops hence the dog ears. Most P-90s are .630 tall (the stacked, hum canceling versions are are deeper, around 1").
Pole center is typically 50mm but the "official" center is 49.2mm. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking.
David King

Re: I need measurements for routing p-90 dog ear pickups

Postby Eric Baack » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:47 pm

stewmac has measurements for several different bridges
Eric Baack

Return to Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars