Single-rod dual-action trussrod?

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

Re: Single-rod dual-action trussrod?

Postby gene downs » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Yes, of course.

But a question: Do you guys do any roughening of the bottom of the fingerboard so the epoxy has something to grab? I made a knife out of a saw blade once that I just epoxied the scales on and one of them fell off after a few months. I didn't really know anything about epoxy at the time. Anyway, that's partly why I'm scared of the stuff now.
gene downs

Postby Mark Swanson » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Yes, Gene. See this discussion http://www.mimf.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1359&start=0 and near the end on its second page you'll see Mario show some photos of how he does that.
    Mark Swanson, guitarist, MIMForum Staff
Mark Swanson

Postby gene downs » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks, Mark.
gene downs

Previous

Return to Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars