First Build Milestone

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Eric Knapp

First Build Milestone

Post by Eric Knapp »

Hello, I'm back to making slow, steady progress on my first guitar after my heart attack. There is still a lot of work to do but seeing it like this is a great moment. No braces, no lining, and no back. The fretboard and top are just sitting there. I'm pumped.
looking-like - 1.jpeg

-Eric
Mike Conner

Re: First Build Milestone

Post by Mike Conner »

Congratulations! I believe that when your mind and soul are at peace, healing is enhanced. Enjoy your shop and the guitar build, and step away for a break when it gets frustrating. You may find that sharing your blessings and talents with others blesses you as well :D
Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

What Mike said!
Eric Knapp

Post by Eric Knapp »

Thanks, guys. It is very therapeutic to be back in the shop. Even though this first build will have more issues than I can count, and will not be very good, it's still wonderful to work on. The second one will be better, I swear! I'm already having trouble storing all the guitars I didn't make. What on earth will I do with the ones I'm going to make? :D

-Eric
Alan Carruth

Post by Alan Carruth »

Most guitars seem to find appreciative homes eventually, even if you never turn pro'.
Karl Wicklund

Post by Karl Wicklund »

Good to hear Eric.
Kaptain Karl
Clay Schaeffer

Post by Clay Schaeffer »

Hi Eric,
Your guitar is coming along nicely. Fit and finish are rarely perfect on our first instruments, but often they can sound quite good. The mistakes we make are not seen by many people unless we point them out to them.
But it looks like you are off to a good start, and will have a nice instrument when you are done.

Return to “Flat-Top Acoustic Guitars and Bass Guitars”