New board heading?

Talk with the MIMForum staff! This is the section for discussing the workings of this forum. Your suggestions always welcome!
Mark Day

New board heading?

Post by Mark Day »

I confess that I succumbed to the lure of social media and got sucked into the tar pit that is Faceboob. I belong to a couple of luthier groups on there and have steered many toward the good old MIMF when they have asked questions that I know have been answered (more expertly usually) here and can be found through a search. As much fun as it is scrolling through endless nonsensical political posts from all your "friends", I find the utility of Facebook as a source of useful information is lacking compared to a forum like the MIMF so I have found myself returning to the fold.
With that in mind, I belong to a couple of FB groups that are specific to CNC for luthiers and Fusion 360 for luthiers. Would it possible to do a poll here to gauge interest in creating a new forum board specifically for CAD/CAM/CNC luthiery and its related software?
Jim McConkey

Re: New board heading?

Post by Jim McConkey »

Good idea. We recently added a forum for Ukeleles in response to a member request, so it is certainly a possibility. We'll discuss it. Thanks for the idea!

In the meantime, also check out CNC Zone. I haven't been on it in a while, but it was pretty well run back in the day. Seems to be shifting a little from homebrew to commercial, but still useful.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Schultz »

We've added "CAD/CAM/CNC - hardware and software and its uses in luthiery", just below the "Glues and Finishes" forum.
Dick Hutchings

Post by Dick Hutchings »

Cool. I have plans of getting into that next year.
Dick Hutchings
Mark Day

Post by Mark Day »

In the words of the immortal Bob McKenzie: Beauty!

Return to “The Soundhole”