Rest in Peace Melvyn Hiscock

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Ken Edmonds

Rest in Peace Melvyn Hiscock

Post by Ken Edmonds »

I dread to think how long it is since I logged in but have just thought that the sad news might not have reached here.

Melvyn Hiscock passed away on the 20th February after a long battle with cancer.

Although I knew Melvyn I hadn't seen him for over 10 years so I can't add anything else to the report - I only read it on an aviation forum myself.
Ian.Day

Re: Rest in Peace Melvyn Hiscock

Post by Ian.Day »

Just seen this post. I am so sorry to hear that - His book Make your own Electric Guitar was the book that got me started. I use many of his techniques in building basses.
JC Whitney

Post by JC Whitney »

His first edition still holds a special place in my heart, especially the (wonderfully horrible) cartoons. At a time long before the internet, he made the dark mysteries of lutherie approachable for an eager newbie such as myself.

Still haven’t made an eight string bass yet, but it’s on my to-do list…
Matthew Lau

Post by Matthew Lau »

Sorry to hear that. HIs book was a great one.

Return to “Jam Session”