1st Annual Mountain Acoustics Luthier Invitational

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

1st Annual Mountain Acoustics Luthier Invitational

Post by Charlie Schultz »

In Burnsville, North Carolina, on May 24-26 is the 1st Annual Mountain Acoustics Luthier Invitational. The inaugural Invitational showcases the art of hand building fine, stringed instruments and celebrates the skill and art of lutherie. This event gathers some of the most talented luthiers in the southeast. Come enjoy this unique three-day event which includes a concert, exhibits, workshops and more. Jay Lichty of Tryon, NC, is the Host Luthier..

Festivities kick off Friday evening with a free luthier jam at Homeplace Beer Co. The public is invited to explore exhibits and workshops throughout the day Saturday and Sunday. Saturday night, guitar virtuoso Kaki King performs a concert at Parkway Playhouse. INFO on times and ticket prices: http://www.mountainacoustics.com, 706-424-2700.
Gordon Bellerose

Re: 1st Annual Mountain Acoustics Luthier Invitational

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

Sounds like fun!
A VERY long way from home for me.
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

Thanks for this early "head's up" Charlie. it sounds like a great time.
Mark Langner

Post by Mark Langner »

Burnsville has been my home for more than 12 years. I will be teaching a workshop at the festival ("Making Your Guitar Swing"), and a few of my archtops will be on display. I will also be a volunteer for the event. Homeplace has good brews, and the show is in the upstairs of the same building. Hope to see you there!
Garbage In, Compost Out

Return to “Jam Session”