Last MIMF Newsletter from Deb: So Long, It's Been Good To Know Ya!

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
David Ackley

Re: Last MIMF Newsletter from Deb: So Long, It's Been Good To Know Ya!

Post by David Ackley »

Deb, we'll really miss you. I'm relieved that the Forum will continue after the discussions this past fall where that was still up in the air, and I'm glad that you've settled on a new direction. Best of luck with the garlic venture!

We grew our first crop (only 30 plants) of hard neck garlic this last year, and it is delicious. The skin on each clove is thick and brown and peels of with ease. I just hope the cold snap we had early on didn't take out this year's batch. Wish I knew the name of what we're growing, but I don't have a clue, so can't pass that on.

Again, it's been a pleasure to know you, and wish you all the best.
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

I don't really know what I can say that others haven't already expressed. Had it not been for your efforts to create and maintain this site, I likely would still be operating under the delusion that someone like me can't build instruments. Thank you for providing a place to encourage me to pursue something that will be part of my life for years to come!
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Waddy Thomson

Post by Waddy Thomson »

I'm certainly not an Old Timer here, but you were a generous administrator here at MIMF. I have learned a ton here over the last 4 years. Best to you Deb! We're going to miss your reminders! :D
Dave Donaldson

Post by Dave Donaldson »

I'm going to cry. .., it's like I have grown up with the old forum. But I look forward to the future and Charlie...
Dave Donaldson
Daniel Bingamon

Post by Daniel Bingamon »

Deb,
We all thank you, you ran the Forum very well all those years.
I was on staff for about a year or so around the time Henry and Mirjan were there as well.
Hope to see this new ember take light and continue.
Deb Suran

Post by Deb Suran »

I knew there were going to be people I left out - so sorry I forgot about you, Daniel! For those of you who don't remember, Daniel is a flute/whistle maker. And didn't you make some didgeridoos as well?
Mike Wilson

Post by Mike Wilson »

Thank you, Deb, and Best Wishes.
Bill Machrone

Post by Bill Machrone »

Thanks, Deb, for your service to a community that goes all the way back to the old CompuServe Crafts Forum days. You made MIMF a model for all other forums: rich in content, respectful of others, on-topic, but playful, too. No one can ever adequately compensate you (sorry to say) for all of the hard work you put into MIMF, but you've earned my enduring respect and admiration.
michael loukakis

Post by michael loukakis »

Thank you, Deb!!! The MIMF has been a great help for me in learning the art of instrument making and repair. Living in a country where you could find absolutely no information on the subject, the MIMF has been an invaluable partner when I decided to turn this passion of mine, into my job. Now after almost 14 years that I discovered this forum it seems that many people, in my part of the globe, seek my services.I owe a substantial part of this to the help I received from all of you. Thank you Deb for making all this possible. I wish you all the best!!
Steve Senseney

Post by Steve Senseney »

I share all of the above emotions and wish you well in the future.

I don't know where I would have spent all of my computer time over the last 10 years if the MIMF had not been available!!
Harry Cook

Post by Harry Cook »

I will certainly miss you and thank you for this invaluable resource. I have been in the background for my time here but the information I have received from the
the staff and membership have helped me greatly in my repair shop. I'm hoping we will hear from you from time to time to keepmus informed about the garden.
LONG LIVE LONG NECK GARLIC !!
Harry Cook

Post by Harry Cook »

I said LONG neck, sorry HARD NECK. I'll get used to this computer thing yet
Neal Carey

Post by Neal Carey »

Thanks so much Deb for everything you've done to keep the forum lively and alive. Your efforts are truly appreciated. Best wishes for your new endeavors!
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon
Celeste Hall

Post by Celeste Hall »

Best of luck Deb. The new USDA zone map is out this week, bet you moved up zone, maybe just a half zone (semizone?). So here's to garlic, those who love it enough to cultivate its best varieties, and those who love it enough to buy the best varieties.
All the best
Deb Suran

Post by Deb Suran »

Thanks for all your good wishes, everyone!

And yes, we've been moved up from zone 5a to 5b, but I think since I moved here 30 years ago we've moved up one whole zone.
Darrel Friesen

Post by Darrel Friesen »

Good luck in your new ventures Deb. Here's hoping that you stop by the forum frequently. Thanks for creating the best community on the net. Charlie has a tough act to follow, but I know he's up to the task and will continue what you started.
Ian Alexander

Post by Ian Alexander »

So long Deb, and good luck with your new venture!
It's been a while since I "de-volunteered", but I keep peeking in every now and then and I hope you will too. Hard to believe my reasons for leaving are now seven and a half years old!
SmallXmas.jpg
SmallXmas.jpg (34.23 KiB) Viewed 18586 times
Luck and health!

"Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
D. Bowie
Nicholas Blanton

Post by Nicholas Blanton »

Having watched my Johnny's Seed Co. catalog grow over the past ten years, I get the feeling that Maine is a real hotbed ( hah!) of Community Supported Agriculture, and you'll be in a good place. I always liked your HD's, Deb, and I always admired your good energy. I expect this new venture will turn out well. Best of luck.
Jim Bonnell

Post by Jim Bonnell »

I'm afraid I've been very late in jumping in here. Thanks so much to Deb and all the present and former volunteers for making this forum such a great source of information and support. Like many have said, it changed my life. I wish you all the best in your new ventures Deb and I hope you check back in every once in a while and let us know how you're doing.
Barry Black

Post by Barry Black »

Deb, both you and Henry helped me a lot when I was starting my hurdy gurdy back in 2002 and I thank you both. I just rejoined MIMF and was surprised to see the new names here, but it looks as if you've left the forum in good hands.
Barry

Return to “Jam Session”