Posting pictures from the I-phone

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Al Dodson

Posting pictures from the I-phone

Post by Al Dodson »

Thanks to my special someone, I have a new I-phone 5. It is awesome and the camera is unbelievable. I would like to use it to post pictures directly to this forum without sending them to my computer but I have no idea what size they are. I would like to stay within the size limits of this forum and I am hoping someone can tell me how to do this. Otherwise, I can just post and see what happens; it's not like Charlie will put a contract out on me if they are too big. Well, at least I hope he won't.
John Kingma

Re: Posting pictures from the I-phone

Post by John Kingma »

When I send a pic with my Blackberry it gives me the option to reduce the size of the photo before it sends. Perhaps your iphone has a similar feature. I haven't used it for any forum posts, but it works fine with email and facebook.
John Kingma,
Builder of Fine Sawdust & Expensive Kindling
Al Dodson

Post by Al Dodson »

Thanks John,
I haven't tried but I suspect it will offer some options like that. I guess I'll just have to try I think I'll post a picture of my Ahhh.... "monkey."
Al Dodson

Post by Al Dodson »

Just tried but there was no choice to reduce the size. As could be expected, the picture was rejected because it was too big. The original file size from the camera was 2.2MB or 3264 X 2448

For you perverts who wanted to see my "monkey," I've posted it from the computer.

HERE IT IS
Attachments
my monkey.jpg
David King

Post by David King »

Al,

I'm thinking there must be an app for that.
There is a free app from Adobe called adobe photoshop express you could try.
Al Dodson

Post by Al Dodson »

Thanks David I will check it out. If it is from Adobe it should work well. I'm surprised it's free; there is probably an upgrade version for a fee. I'm beginning to understand that just about anything you want to do with a smart phone you will find "There's an app for that."
Jim McConkey

Post by Jim McConkey »

I don't know about the iPhone version, but the iPad version of Adobe Photoshop Express is definitely free. You can crop, rotate, fix color/contrast/brightness, and add all kinds of effects, but unfortunately resizing is not among its capabilities.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

I found a workaround on another forum. I am able to crop my photos by just a small ammount and they will upload. Keep in mind my iPhone is not a 5 and the forum may have a more liberal size limit. Let me see if this works.

Looks like the file size limit is too small. . . You'll all just have to wonder how cool my picture was going to be.
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
David King

Post by David King »

One trick is to use two fingers to zoom in on the photo until you've cropped out the unnecessary bits and then take a screenshot. (Read up on screenshots, I think it's the +, the - and the home button.)
The screenshot can then be uploaded if it's small enough.

Check out this free resizing app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/resize- ... 47517?mt=8

Return to “Jam Session”