WANTED: Waterslide decal

Registered members only may use this section for placing free, non-commercial ads for tangible goods.
Forum rules
Registered members only may use this section for placing free, non-commercial ads for tangible goods. What do we mean by "non-commercial?" If you're an instrument builder you cannot place a free ad here to sell or trade your instruments. If you're a dealer you cannot place an ad here to sell or trade whatever you deal in. Use this section to look for items you want as well - begin the title of your discussion with the shorthand WTB (for Want To Buy), WTT (for Want To Trade), FS (for For Sale), or FREE if you have a tangible item to give away.

Please do not use the discussion here to engage in negotiations with a seller/buyer, nor ask the other party to contact you - you should contact that person directly. Their contact info is available by clicking on their name, "profile", "PM" or "e-mail" icons in the message.

You may NOT solicit to buy or sell services, for people to give you goods or services for free, to sell more than two of the same item, or to sell more than a couple of related items!!

MIMForum etiquette is to post the asking price for the item you are selling; to e-mail the buyer/seller instead of posting a message here, which they may not see, asking them to contact you; and to respond to all e-mail inquiries. Please do not leave your potential buyer/seller hanging.

Members may also use this section to solicit other members to join them in a bulk purchase to meet a minimum order, as long as the organizer is not profiting from the transaction, and the item being purchased in bulk is not sold in smaller quantities by any of our advertisers, or the bulk purchase being organized is a purchase from an advertiser. Please remember that any such transaction is strictly between the parties involved and the MIMForum cannot be responsible for any unfavorable outcome.

Sell your item? Earn a bundle? If you would like to send a small percentage of the sum to help support the MIMForum and keep it online, we won't object! You can use our subscription form and send any amount you wish. Thanks!

Your ad should be limited to 50 words and may contain non-commercial attachments. Links to graphics (that do not display as part of your ad) are OK as long as they are not at your commercial website. Please ask the sysop to delete your ad if the item sells or you find what you want, or post a message saying "Sold" (or whatever). Otherwise the shelf-life of an ad placed here will be 60 days. If you are interested in purchasing a commercial ad, please see our ad rates page. Please do not "bump" your ad, doing so will result in its immediate removal. Thanks.
Do not post your e-mail address, home address, or phone number!!
Mike Perez

WANTED: Waterslide decal

Post by Mike Perez »

Hello,
I am refurbishing a guitar from 1982 that I never put a headtstock inlay on.
I'm looking to put my artwork, in black only, on a Rickenbacker style truss rod cover.
Anyone know of someone who can do that?
Thank you,
Mike
Barry Daniels

Re: WANTED: Waterslide decal

Post by Barry Daniels »

I have made my own decals with paper bought online and a decent printer. Something like the attached link should work fine.

Waterslide Paper
MIMF Staff
Peter Wilcox

Post by Peter Wilcox »

I've done the same, then sprayed with nitro (or whatever) for protection against moisture.
Maybe I can't fix it, but I can fix it so no one can fix it
Barry Daniels

Post by Barry Daniels »

Yes, mist on the first few coats then start spraying full wet coats. Doesn't take much and after a bit of leveling the edges of the decal will disappear.
MIMF Staff
Mike Perez

Post by Mike Perez »

Thank you guys.
What about with water based top coats? (No spray equip)
Barry Daniels

Post by Barry Daniels »

You are on your own there. Lacquer has to be applied as a mist coat to keep from melting the decal. Brushing on a thick coat of finish (either solvent or water based) is sure to be a problem.

Practice on scrap to see if you can come up with a method that works.
MIMF Staff
Barry Daniels

Post by Barry Daniels »

An option would be to use spray finish from rattle cans, or a Preval sprayer.
MIMF Staff
Bob Gramann

Post by Bob Gramann »

When I used to use waterslide decals under EM6000, I would first spray a couple of light coats of rattle can lacquer just over the decal. After that was dry, I would finish as usual with the EM6000. No problems.

Return to “Classified Ads”