Anyone used Rubio monocoat?

TEST ON SCRAP FIRST! If your question is about repair work, either regluing or refinishing, please post it in our Repair Section.
Simon Magennis

Anyone used Rubio monocoat?

Post by Simon Magennis »

I spotted this on a Spanish suppliers website which suggests that at least some professionals are using it. It is some sort of oil finish and as the name suggests apparently need only one coat. It seems to be a US company and I have seen it referred to as RMC.

I usually use shellac but at the moment high percentage alcohols is hard to come by so I am look for something else.
Simon Magennis

Re: Anyone used Rubio monocoat?

Post by Simon Magennis »

I read one of the technical docs earlier. In fact the parent company is from Belgium. Still never heard of it.
Simon Magennis

Re: Anyone used Rubio monocoat?

Post by Simon Magennis »

Simon Magennis wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:39 pm I read one of the technical docs earlier. In fact the parent company is from Belgium. Still never heard of it.
EDIT

I called the company selling it and asked about it. They told me that they sold it and the other oil finishes mainly to people doing wood turning. As a side note I also found out that they open to the (limited) public again yesterday after 2.5 months of not allowing visitors and being forced to run with fewer workers. In another few weeks we will be able to move between provinces (states) so I will look into going for a visit and stocking up on various things. Inter-island flights are suppose to start up again next Monday (8th).

Return to “Glues and Finishes”