Iwata LPH80

TEST ON SCRAP FIRST! If your question is about repair work, either regluing or refinishing, please post it in our Repair Section.
David King

Re: Iwata LPH80

Post by David King »

I'm convinced! Thanks Todd!
Joel Nowland

Post by Joel Nowland »

Steve

I ordered from ebay with a 1.2 needle and fluid nozzle- LPH80-124G. ebay had the best price.

On ebay type in Iwata LPH80 and several of the dealers straight from Japan will have a list with the item which shows the different gun/needle/fluid nozzles and the part numbers.

Also, at Iwata USA, http://www.iwatausa.com/products/manual ... ries=LPH80 it shows the different combinations for the LPH80.

Joel
Steve Sawyer

Post by Steve Sawyer »

Thanks Joel. Are you using just that one needle? I note one if the eBay vendors has a table showing the various needle & cap options, and listing a pattern size for each. Am I correct in assuming that is the MAXIMUM pattern for each? It was showing 5.5" for the 1.2mm and E4 cap.
==Steve==
Joel Nowland

Post by Joel Nowland »

Yes I just use the one needle and only use the LPH80 for shading. I talked to a guy with a lot of experience with the LPH80 and he had tried different needles and settled on the 1.2 for sunbursts and shading. I use a Warwick detail gun with a 1.2 for color coating.

The Warwick detail gun would also be good for clear coating.

I use a full size HVLP gun with a 1.4 for clear coating.

Return to “Glues and Finishes”