Inspection Camera

Questions about tools and jigs you want to buy/build/modify.
Bob Francis

Inspection Camera

Post by Bob Francis »

I was browsing through Home Depot this weekend and saw an inspection camera for less than $40. It was called Lizard Cam and the reviews were so so based on light levels. If that is the only problem is should be easily corrected.

Has anyone tried one of these?

Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Re: Inspection Camera

Post by Charlie Schultz »

I bought a Depstech wireless endoscope ($36 from Amazon). It's fine (I don't have any experience with others). The wireless connection to your cellphone uses wifi so you lose any wifi connection while you're using it.

Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

"Thanks Charlie,
That may be a better option than the screen on this one.

Jim McConkey

Post by Jim McConkey »

I got a Fantronics wired USB endoscope (also from Amazon, but currently $21) for Christmas. It is about 8 mm in diameter, has adjustable 8-LED lighting, and has a long semi-rigid cable, so it is maneuverable, but doesn't flop around. I just hook it to a laptop, but apparently it will also plug into any phone with a microUSB. Works fine.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore

Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

Jim McConkey wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:00 am
I got a Fantronics wired USB endoscope (also from Amazon, but currently $21) for Christmas. It is about 8 mm in diameter, has adjustable 8-LED lighting, and has a long semi-rigid cable, so it is maneuverable, but doesn't flop around. I just hook it to a laptop, but apparently it will also plug into any phone with a microUSB. Works fine.
I like the laptop possibility a lot and for $21 that seems great.