Chromatic Tuner Apps

Questions about tools and jigs you want to buy/build/modify.
Bob Menzel

Chromatic Tuner Apps

Post by Bob Menzel »

With some reluctance, I just got my first smart phone and hope I can learn to tolerate it. To that end, l've installed some Apps and have quickly learned that some of them aren't so good. Can anyone recommend a free chromatic tuner? The Martin tuner is ok, but I sure hope there's a better one.
Not Your Uncle
Bob Gramann

Re: Chromatic Tuner Apps

Post by Bob Gramann »

I use one occasionally called Tuner Lite from Plus Add. It seems to work just fine.
Bob Menzel

Post by Bob Menzel »

Thanks. Unfortunately, Plusadd doesn't have an Android equivalent. Will have to find one by trial and error unless someone can recommend another app.
Not Your Uncle
Bill Raymond

Post by Bill Raymond »

I found a free app to put on my Kindle that seems to work OK. I think it was cleartune, but I'm afraid I don't remember anymore. You might want to check out cleartune. If you need, I could look to see if it's indeed cleartune that I have.
David King

Post by David King »

"Pano tuner" is the best free one by a mile that I've found. You can adjust the sensitivity which is nice. It's the only tuner app that could tune a spinet piano.
If you do a lot of tuning then spending $9.99 on the Peterson app seems totally reasonable.
Frank House

Post by Frank House »

Pitchlab Pro
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... r&hl=en_GB
runs on Android, available from Google Play, basic version free, I find it sufficient for my harpsichord, extras can be paid for.

Frank
Randolph Rhett

Post by Randolph Rhett »

I've used several over the years. My current favorite is called Tonal Energy Tuner. Not only is it a great tuner with all the Bella and whistles, but it also has a good metronome for practicing.
Bob Menzel

Post by Bob Menzel »

Thanks Frank, Pitch Lab Pro (free) works quite well, and in the unlikely event I ever need it to do more, it offers ala carte upgrades.
Not Your Uncle
Bob Hammond

Post by Bob Hammond »

Pitch Lab.

The very last free version w/o ads, in my opinion, is better than the later free version with ads, and better than the 'Pro' paid version .

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy.
John Mueller

Post by John Mueller »

Best Android tuner app by far is DaTuner Pro. The free app DaTuner free has most of the features of the pro version. use DT Pro to tune 80+ Middle School orchestra players every day. I have several Peterson strobe tuners and this is as good. The Pro is a whopping $1.97!!

Return to “Tools and Jigs”