Anybody know about Custom Inlay, Inc?

Ask your wood and other materials questions here. Please DO NOT post pictures and ask us to identify your wood, we have found that accurate ID is nearly impossible, and such discussions will be deleted. Thanks.
Andy Bounsall

Anybody know about Custom Inlay, Inc?

Post by Andy Bounsall »

I placed an online order at the beginning of the month with Custom Inlay, Inc of Caneyville, KY. Received a order confirmation email immediately, automated response I guess. Haven’t heard anything since to advise when the order will be filled and shipped. I’ve tried following up via email, no response, and tried calling them, left a voice Mail that hasn’t been answered. I’m pretty sure I’ve dealt with them in the past without issue. Wondering if anyone is familiar with the company and/or has any knowledge about their current state. Could this be a COVID related business issue?
Brian Evans

Re: Anybody know about Custom Inlay, Inc?

Post by Brian Evans »

I've dealt with them in the past, but not in Covid times. They do everything custom order, so delays can be expected I would think. I remember the fretboard I got was not planed square (the top was angled compared to the bottom) so when I didn't notice before I glued it on I had to sand almost through the inlay to get it level, and I had to recut all the slots. I probably could have dealt with it a different way, but I was inexperienced and dumb. They don't (didn't anyway) ship any natural shell products to Canada, and when I was dealing with them they only inlayed natural products, so that was a problem.
Andy Bounsall

Re: Anybody know about Custom Inlay, Inc?

Post by Andy Bounsall »

Follow up...I was finally able to contact with them. Apparently they did have some COVID related trouble. I’ve been advised that my order is being shipped today so, hopefully, all is well now.

Return to “Wood and Materials Q&A”