Page 1 of 1

ROWLUX ! ! THAT'S what that !@#$%! stuff is ! !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:34 am
by Alan Peterson
I've always had a peripheral fascination of the Rickenbacker "Light Show" guitar (no shortage of pix on Google Image), and the lenticular material used in warping and diffusing the lights inside the body. It was the same stuff used on the front of old "color organ" cabinets of the late '60s/early '70s and the backdrop of the Star Trek transporter room on TV. It was cool-looking and definitely belonged to the '60s.

It wasn't until only recently I found the stuff again. For anyone else in my boat, it is called "Rowlux" and is manufactured by Rowland Technologies of Connecticut. And even though I don't have a single use for it now, I still want about 10 yards of the stuff ... just because... :D

Other than drum wraps and maybe some amplifier panel resurfacing, has anyone ever worked with it on a guitar project? Even just a pickguard or control plate?