Help! Confusion over non-functioning electronics

Pickups, magnets, microphones, amps, speakers, cabs, whatever...
Will Meadows

Help! Confusion over non-functioning electronics

Post by Will Meadows »

Hi,

I've recently finished my first self built guitar which I designed from scratch. However, the wiring I've used doesn't seem to be working as intended. The only way I can get any out is with the middle and neck switches up (on) and even then, I'm not sure all the pickups are working then. I've provided my wiring diagram, I'm using humbuckers for the neck and bridge and a single coil for the middle. I'm also using 2-position switches. Any help from someone who knows what they're doing would be very gratefully appreciated. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_20200728_183752.jpg
Peter Wilcox

Re: Help! Confusion over non-functioning electronics

Post by Peter Wilcox »

Can't say I know what I'm doing anymore (CRS disease), but for starters it looks like when any switch is "off", it grounds the output and any signal from the other pickups is also shunted to ground. So cut or remove those wires between the bottom lugs of the switches. Also, I'm not sure about the symbol for your output jack, but make sure the signal (from the volume pot) goes to the tip, not the ring of the plug.
Maybe I can't fix it, but I can fix it so no one can fix it
Clay Schaeffer

Post by Clay Schaeffer »

I had to go to the urban dictionary to find the proper definition of CRS disease.... :lol:
Bill Raymond

Post by Bill Raymond »

So it does not mean "Congenital Rubella Syndrome"...

Return to “Electronics”