Search found 2 matches
Search found 2 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:41 am
- Forum: String Instrument Repair: Practical and Political Issues
- Topic: Re-setting Neck with Faux Pearl Fretboard
- Replies: 20
- Views: 20250
Where heat is an Issue you should look into the alcohol method Michael has described. I have had success in the past on some hide glue seams that have a starting gap by gently inserting cotton wool into the seam and wicking alcohol onto it to keep it damp. you can then gently ease it further into th...
- Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:13 am
- Forum: Bowed Stringed Instruments and Bows
- Topic: Remember my bass viol? Its finished!
- Replies: 14
- Views: 19585
That's pretty spectacular. Is there no carving of the top? Or is it "assembled" and then carved? This is a bent stave soundboard. Slip matched pieces of spruce are bent, then glued together, then carved. The pieces are each no more than 1cm thick and the carving goes pretty easy compared to "tradit...