Amy Hopkins needs our help after open heart surgery!

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Mike Dotson

Amy Hopkins needs our help after open heart surgery!

Post by Mike Dotson »

The helpin'est lady in the land could use a little help herself right now. Please check this out.
http://www.indiegogo.com/AmyHheart
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Re: Amy Hopkins

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Amy was a long time staffer here (and the resident poet laureate) and had also run (at least) the MIMF inlay class.
Al Dodson

Post by Al Dodson »

Thanks for the heads up Mike. I'm thankful for her successful outcome. I see Clint and Alica Searcy are heading up this fund raiser; sort of restores your faith in mankind. I hope everyone here on the forum will step up and do all they can.
Simon Magennis

Post by Simon Magennis »

Is there any way of making a contribution without signing up for that site? A paypal connection for example?
Tom Clift

Post by Tom Clift »

Simon, you don't really have to sign up for anything. You can opt out of the emails and such. Just remember to uncheck the boxes.

Even in these hard times, (I'm currently out of work, along with so many others) I hope that folks can find it in their hearts to kick in a bit. Amy has done so much for so many. It's time for a little payback. Kudos to Clint and Alicia.

Pay it forward folks!
Chuck Tweedy

Post by Chuck Tweedy »

Where would I be today without Amy!?!?!
Get better Amy, we need you back here to pull our sorry asses out of the fire when a tough repair case come in.
See you here soon.
Likes to drink Rosewood Juice
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

In light of all Amy has done for the MIMF over the years, we will be donating the proceeds from the sale of the new MIMF bass to her.
Chuck Tweedy

Post by Chuck Tweedy »

Bravo!
Likes to drink Rosewood Juice
Tom Clift

Post by Tom Clift »

Charlie, that makes my heart go pitter patter and comes close to bringing tears to my eyes. That's incredibly generous.
Mike Dotson

Post by Mike Dotson »

Excellent Charlie, but take it easy on Amy's heart! <g>
Simon Magennis

Post by Simon Magennis »

Mike Dotson wrote:The helpin'est lady in the land could use a little help herself right now. Please check this out.
http://www.indiegogo.com/AmyHheart
Over the years I met a few people like this. I always wonder who will be there to give them a helping hand when needed. I was hugely impressed by Amy's (other folks from here) amazing spirit and energy in the wake the N.Orleans devastation. The world would be a better place with more people like this.
Pat Foster

Post by Pat Foster »

I've posted a thread about Amy on the Luthier Community site, and am awaiting permission for the OLF.

Pat
I like to start slow, then taper off.
Deb Suran

Post by Deb Suran »

Kudos to Charlie for donating the proceeds from the MIMF Bass (http://www.mimf.com/bass2012/bass2011.htm) to help out Amy! One of the best things about this forum is that we truly care for our own. I just (finally!) sold the MIMF plotter, and am inspired by Charlie to donate that $1,000 to Amy's recovery fund as soon as I deposit the money.

Amy was a critical part of this forum for over a decade as an incredibly helpful member, as a staffer, as a teacher of online inlay courses, and of course who can forget her amazing work in New Orleans where not only did she see the rebuilding of Sunpie and Maria Barnes' home through to completion, but she also led crews down there on two other homes. And since that wasn't enough, she led the MIMF volunteer effort on Clint and Alicia Searcy's home after it was flooded two years ago.

Please everyone do give as much as you can to help out Amy. There is no one more deserving than she.
Tom Clift

Post by Tom Clift »

Amen Deb. And kudos to you as well for your generosity.
Arnt Rian

Re: Amy Hopkins needs our help after open heart surgery!

Post by Arnt Rian »

I took Amy's inlay class on MIMF in 2004 or so, and I met her in person in 2005. One of the most decent, generous persons you'll ever meet. Let's help her out, folks!
Randy Roberts

Post by Randy Roberts »

I also took her inlay class, and it was a big part of stoking the fire for building these things.
Amy's generosity to others has been amazing and an inspiration to a lot of members.

Is there a means of making a contribution other than through the website listed? I would much prefer it all go to her benefit.

And Charlie, thanks for your generosity.
Clint Searcy

Post by Clint Searcy »

Hi guys. Good to see everyone still alive and kicking. I want to thank each of you for helping Amy out.

I'll be providing the pay pal address here tomorrow for those who want to donate directly.
Al Dodson

Post by Al Dodson »

Hello Clint, good to see you poking your head out of the hole. What are you up to these days? Great to see you guys heading up this effort for Amy.
Darrel Friesen

Post by Darrel Friesen »

Clint Searcy wrote:Hi guys. Good to see everyone still alive and kicking. I want to thank each of you for helping Amy out.

I'll be providing the pay pal address here tomorrow for those who want to donate directly.
Good to hear Clint.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Hi Clint, welcome back!

Deb resurrected the thread on the work Amy did down in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina (fixing Sunpie & Maria Barnes home) and I've posted it in our projects section here: http://www.mimf.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=28

Return to “Jam Session”