Gotoh SG381 MG-T R6 Tuners

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Bruce Clippert

Gotoh SG381 MG-T R6 Tuners

Post by Bruce Clippert »

I'm trying to locate a shop here in the US that sells or can order a set of Gotoh SG381 MG-T R6 tuners for a double neck strat that I'm building. The only places I can find on the internet is a shop in Italy and JAPARTS in Canada.
David King

Re: Gotoh SG381 MG-T R6 Tuners

Post by David King »

It looks like maybe Philadelphialuthiertools.com might have some in black. I've contacted that fellow in the past and heard right back so worth a try. You can also query Allparts in Tx or WDMusic in FL. A special order might take a month or two so Japarts might be your best bet if they actually have them in stock. Often items like these will pop up on eBay too.
Rodger Knox

Post by Rodger Knox »

I've gotten some of their new open backs with threaded bushings from:
https://g-jax.com
It is in Japan, and they don't keep much in stock, so you usually have to wait for them to be manufactured. It took six or eight weeks for me to get mine.
A man hears what he wants to hear, and disreguards the rest. Paul Simon
Bruce Clippert

Post by Bruce Clippert »

Thanks. I contacted Philadelphia Luthier Tools, and they don't carry them. I'll try Allparts and WDMusic.
David King

Post by David King »

It's very unlikely they will carry them either so you'll have to be prepared to place a special order which they may not be interested in taking on if you don't have a wholesale account with them. With any luck you'll get someone on the phone who knows the Gotoh catalogue well enough to suggest an appropriate substitution that they do carry. Gotoh makes hundreds of permutations of their tuners and each one will have a part number but the differences may be small. If you need to hold fast to that particular model you can set up as an importer through Hosco or one of the other international distributors of Gotoh parts who can place your order and ship it to you. The minimum order is very high so you'd need to commit to several thousand dollars-worth. That's easy if you can gather up a like-minded group of local luthiers.

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”