Luthiers in Southeast Michigan?

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Steve Sawyer

Luthiers in Southeast Michigan?

Post by Steve Sawyer »

know Mark Swanson is up in Grand Rapids, and I recall seeing a post from someone else that's down here in the Detroit/Southeast Michigan area.

I'd sure like to connect - even if just virtually - with other luthiery enthusiasts in the area. Since 2006 I've been a member of a local woodworking group that got started on Woodnet back in 2004. Having a local network has been invaluable beyond the social aspects. Group buys on hardware and materials can often yield great financial benefits, and there is always that situation where having access to some tool or machine that you don't have in your shop can get you out of a bind or allow you to pursue a project you'd otherwise not attempt.

So, let me know if you're in the area and If you're interested in connecting.
==Steve==
Mark Swanson

Re: Luthiers in Southeast Michigan?

Post by Mark Swanson »

I don't know very many over on that side of the state...sometimes it seems like another world to me! I do know of Gary Zimnicki over there.
  • Mark Swanson, guitarist, MIMForum Staff
Steve Sawyer

Post by Steve Sawyer »

I might get in touch with Gary. His place is a about four blocks from the clinic where I drop off the wife every morning and about ten minutes from my office.

But I know I saw someone around this forum hailing from this corner of the mitten, I just don't remember who it was (but maybe he's ignoring this thread! :mrgreen: )
==Steve==
Mark Day

Post by Mark Day »

I'm formerly from SE Michigan. I now reside in Windsor, Ontario. Still in the same region geographically speaking ;)
Bob Hammond

Post by Bob Hammond »

Over on the eastside, in HW.

Return to “Jam Session”