I'm looking for items for the MIMF 20th anniversary auction/giveaway

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

I'm looking for items for the MIMF 20th anniversary auction/giveaway

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Hi all,
I'm planning an auction or maybe some giveaways as part of our 20th anniversary celebration next year. If you have something you'd like to donate, please send me a PM or e-mail.

Thanks!
Greg Martin

Re: I'm looking for items for the MIMF 20th anniversary auction/giveaway

Post by Greg Martin »

i have some white figured
satin wood veneers way more than i could ever use.i could pick maybe a dozen sheets out for the giva a way.they are about 10" x 20" non backed and probably 1/40 thick. When would i need to send them how does it work? Let me know greg m
Jim McConkey

Post by Jim McConkey »

Charlie can correct me if need be, but in the past, we have had donors hold on to the item(s) until after the auction ends and send them directly to the winners. There is little use in shipping stuff twice. Auctions are generally carried out over a week or so. A description of the item is posted, with a starting price (generally half value) and everyone posts their bids up until the deadline. Highest bidder at the end of the time period wins it.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Thanks Greg!

Jim summed up the process pretty well, but I leave the shipping up to the donor- he/she can either ship it to me and then I ship to the winner, or the donor can ship directly to the winner.

If the donor ships directly to the winner,
* the donor can choose whether or not to cover shipping costs (domestic and/or international), if not covered, you need to work payment for the shipping out with the winner
* the donor needs to send me photos of the item for the auction posting
* please do not ship the item to the winner until I receive the money, but after the money is received, please ship it in a timely manner

If you want to ship it to me, I will reimburse your shipping costs, and I will take the pictures for the auction posting and handle shipping to the winner

In either case, I would like your estimate of the item's value. As Jim said, we usually start the bidding at half value.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

A couple other points:
* Please PM me directly with questions or if you have something to offer for the auction.
* The money raised from the auction is used to help pay the bills for this site.

Thanks for your support!

Return to “Jam Session”