seek source for Schaller M6 standard (large) metal buttons

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Michael Henchman

seek source for Schaller M6 standard (large) metal buttons

Post by Michael Henchman »

Hi folks -

New on here... I've done a bit of searching on this subject, but it can be like finding a needle. Only a couple posts that happen to meet my search requirement.

Question: I am searching for metal Schaller M6 buttons. Schaller-Electronic.com lists versions of the M6 buttons (large and mini) but only sell to wholesalers. I have checked with Stew-Mac, Allparts, and Warmoth. They either don't carry the various metal button finishes (only have ebony and ivoroid) or nothing at all.

In particular, I am looking for M6 buttons in black chrome or ruthenium. I'd rather not replace the whole tuner set, and in fact I prefer the look of a black button on chrome hardware. I could go with ebony, but the set that was on my Larrivee guitar (second owner) had a couple that were stripping out. So, sometime ago, I replaced the stock with chrome Schaller M6, and now would like to convert the button color.

Can anyone offer additional retail sources?

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Flat-Top Acoustic Guitars and Bass Guitars”