Please help! Single potentiometer wiring issue! With a single coil and humbucker combo.

Pickups, magnets, microphones, amps, speakers, cabs, whatever...
Ryan Byrge

Please help! Single potentiometer wiring issue! With a single coil and humbucker combo.

Post by Ryan Byrge »

I have a guitar that has one single coil in the neck position, humbucker in bridge, 1 volume pot, 3 way switch. The pickups are an emg single with an emg 60, both are active. I have new components. 3 way switchcraft toggle switch, new battery hookup, input jack (with three lugs) one potentiometer that is a 25k. The guy cut out all the wiring and brought it to me. It has been racking my brain. Help would be greatly appreciated!
David King

Re: Please help! Single potentiometer wiring issue! With a single coil and humbucker combo.

Post by David King »

Emg has a modest set of diagrams for download on their site:
http://www.emgpickups.com/top-10-wiring-diagrams
The red wires from the pickups are for +9-27VDC i.e connect them together with the red wire from the 9V clip.
The coaxial cable from the pickups; inner = signal, outer ground and - VDC.
Other than the power supply wires, these are wired up like any other passive pickups so you can refer to the Seymour Duncan diagrams.
Pickups get wired to the 3 way switch, output from the switch go to the volume pot, output from the volume pot goes to the jack tip.
Black lead from the 9V battery clip goes to the ring lug on the jack.

Return to “Electronics”