My Dano tribute guitar

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Jonathan Conder

My Dano tribute guitar

Post by Jonathan Conder »

IMG_20160419_114001.jpg
Seems like forever and a day since I've been here, but hello to a lot of my "veteran" MIMF'ers who I've not chatted with in a while. This is a piece I made at work in between repairs, and these last 7 months as a full-time guitar repairperson have been some of the best of my life, and I owe a lot of you here a debt of gratitude for what I've learned along the way. This is a sampling of what I'm doing these days :)
Mark Swanson

Re: My Dano tribute guitar

Post by Mark Swanson »

Well, welcome back Jonathan!
  • Mark Swanson, guitarist, MIMForum Staff
Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

Looking good.
Are there any upgrades?
Jonathan Conder

Post by Jonathan Conder »

Good to see you again, Mark Swanson!

This is completed now; the low-profiled switches are for on/off and phase-reversing of each pickup individually. The neck came from an Ibanez RG-470 that was literally rescued from a dumpster. I went semi-traditional with a 100k volume and 1M tone pot, and a Sprague Orange drop .047 cap. The bridge is an original Dano, but I made the Rosewood piece from a broken flat-top acoustic bridge. The side bindings are 4 wraps of drywall tape, sealed and edges coated with JB Weld to keep them from separating or fraying.

All in all, I'm very happy with the outcome, and the retro vs. modern style worked out well.
Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

IT looks great!

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”