Bender done!

Questions about tools and jigs you want to buy/build/modify.
Doug Polk

Bender done!

Post by Doug Polk »

I have finished the bender mentioned in my other post (see pic below). I got very lucky with this. I used a 4" piece of pipe that I squished down to an oval of about 3-1/2". There is still so much air traveling through the pipe that I can use it with the igniter pluged directly into the wall and get almost a perfect temp. Beside the bender is a set of ribs for a Chanot style (cornerless) violin that I bent today. Was quick and fairly easy.

Thanks for everyone's advice!
Attachments
Bender.gif
Bender.gif (93.9 KiB) Viewed 8403 times
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Re: Bender done!

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Nice Doug! I like the "bench" too <g>.
Doug Polk

Post by Doug Polk »

Yea, heh, that old TV has been sitting in my garage since "Leave it to Beaver" originally went off the air! I'm one of those 'use it if you got' it type of guys!
Steve Senseney

Post by Steve Senseney »

Looks good!

I placed a thin piece of metal over the opening on my bender to help keep it a little warmer.
Louie Atienza

Post by Louie Atienza »

When I was a kid, we had one of those old console TV's with the tambour doors. When SONY came out with their flat screen Trinitron tube, my father took the guts out of that old TV, and put shelves inside for the VCR and video tapes, and we set the new TV on top!

My father was a pretty imanigative guy, always tinkering with electronics and mechanical stuff, and a great artist to boot! We also had a console stereo, with the turntable, radio and 8-track. My father added crossovers and tweeters for both channels, and installed Christmas lights on the wires to the speakers. When we had parties, we'd dim the lights, put an LP on, and watch as different colored lights danced around to the music!

Return to “Tools and Jigs”